The first snow is falling. Not craving for attention but yet perfectly aware of the beautiful scenery they cause, the complex, white crystals slowly fall to the frozen ground. Despite having experienced the drama for many years, I can stand for hours watching this peaceful process. The four seasons, when distinctly shown, is one of the most inspiring aspects of this country. I have, however, always envied people who have a strong connection to another country, being born and raised elsewhere, having relatives abroad or having lived abroad for a long period. These people have always talked about a (second) "homeland" to which they sometime would gladly “return” and genuinely discover. After 32 years in Sweden, I feel less at home than ever. I was born and raised here. Genealogy has proved that my family is of Swedish descent since way back. The only trans-national event that has historically affected the family seems to be the emigration of some relatives to ...
Comments